Looking for an independent, experienced EIA (environmental impact assessment) consultant to help you secure planning consent for your development?
Need some EIA (environmental impact assessment) advice or an impartial coordinator or reviewer? Following an extensive career in the UK working on projects that ranged from nationally significant to small-scale and local schemes, I now work as an independent EIA specialist. As a developer you benefit from all that knowledge and expertise for a fraction of the cost of larger consultancies. As a planning authority, you can benefit from an impartial, independent reviewer and adviser for forthcoming and submitted EIA scheme applications.
Throughout my environmental career I have worked for clients in a variety of sectors. I manage EIAs and specialist team inputs for projects ranging from pre-feasibility stage through to EIA management, and to preparation and review of Environmental Statements (ES) and discharge of planning conditions.
I have sound project management and project direction skills, with a strong track record of putting the right team together to bring targeted experience and expertise to each project to meet clients’ needs.
No two projects are the same, so no one team should be either. I can either put a team together for your project or work with your in-house or project team to provide EIA strategic advice, prepare and review the ES, Non-technical Summary (NTS), and prepare a Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) for submission to the local planning authority. I have worked on EIAs under the Town & Country Planning Act, Transport & Works Act, Planning Act (DCO), and also have public inquiry experience.
Internationally, I have worked to the World Bank’s IFC Performance Standards and Equator Principle requirements. I am a Full Member of the Institution of Environmental Sciences.
I offer the following services related to EIA and environmental planning:
- Strategic EIA advice – pre-application and ongoing
- EIA Screening and EIA Scoping preparation and/or review
- EIA coordination and direction
- Full review of Environmental Statements
- Preparation of Environmental Statement front/back end chapters
- Non-Technical Summary preparation & review
- Construction Environmental Management Plan preparation and/or review
- EIA advice and Enviromental Statement review on behalf of local planning authorities
- Managing discharge of planning conditions
I have worked in a wide variety of industry sectors, including:
- Urban regeneration – residential, mixed-use & commercial
- Transport infrastructure – rail & aviation
- Renewable energy – solar, wind, tidal
- Wastewater infrastructure – pipelines & plant
For a full list of project experience and to discuss how I can help you with your next development scheme, please get in touch.